Services Offered by Our Identity Genetics Laboratory
- DNA testing (PCR) for determination of paternity, maternity and family relationships for court or for personal use.
- Presumptive test for the presence of human blood.
- Presumptive test for the presence of human semen.
Types of Samples that may be Tested
- Whole Blood
- Cord Blood
- Dried Blood
- Saliva (Buccal)
- Vaginal Smear
- Hair Follicles
- Bone Marrow
- Cultured Amniotic Cells
- Parentage Testing
- Family studies/Genetic Relatedness
- Siblingship (Brother/Sister)
- Grandparentage testing
- Twin (Identical/Fraternal) Zygosity Studies
- Individual Genetic Profile (Portrait)
- DNA Profiling for Legal Reasons (Geneological Studies, Family Tree, Adoption, Inheritance,Wills, Estate Planning, Security, Child Abandonment, Products of Conception, etc.)
- Prenatal Testing (Amniotic Fluid)
In addition to performing DNA tests using routine laboratory procedures our Identity Genetics Laboratory also provides the following related services:
- Coordination of intrastate, interstate and international blood sample draws or buccal sample collection for customers.
- Provision of kits for collection of blood or buccal samples for DNA tests.
- Provision of legal chain of custody documentation.
- Assistance with "at home" tests